Full BI-Stack Automation
From source to data warehouse through to frontend
- MS SQL Server 2008-2022
- Azure Data Factory Pipelines
- SQL Server Integration Packages
- SSAS Multidimensional Databases
- SSAS Tabular Databases
- PowerPivot (Excel)
- Power BI
- Qlik Sense
- Visual Studio Solution (SSDT)
- Creation of DACPAC files
- Modeling is supported by several wizards
- Top-down modeling
- Buttom-Up modelling
- Import from external modelling tool
- Dimensional/ Kimball
- Data Vault 2.0 and 1.0
- The best of two worlds: Mixed approach of DV 2.0 and Kimball
- Custom creations
- Support from a AC data vault wizard do create the draft model automatically
- Enhanced data vault functionality available
- Strict Dan Linstead technics implementable
- DV for small projects
- Slowly changing dimensions (SCD) typ 0, typ 1, typ 2, mixed
- SnapShot historisation
- Gapless historisation
- Change-based calculations
- Auto-increment, long integer
- Hash key, custom definition of hash algorithm
- Transformation wizard
- Regular transformations (Views)
- Manual transformations (Views)
- SQL Scripts
- Stored procedures
- Manualy created SSIS Packages
- Persistence of results
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure Data Factory Pipelines
- Offers GDPR/DSGVO compliance design patterns
- Source metadata exploitation
- Support for roll based security (OLAP Cubes)
- Data partitioning
- Pre-deployment script and post-deployment script
- Multiple environment support
- Custom defined layers
- Windows GUI
- Embedded version control
- Multi-user development supporting distributed development
- Manual object locking possible
- Predefined templates
- Cloud-based repository
- Cloud service support available
- Data Lineage
- Macro language for more flexible development
- Predefined, datatype-based transformations
- Example: Ltrim, Rtrim, Null2string, ..
- Calculated columns in each DWH table
- Single point development: whole design in AC possible. External development not necessary
- Embedding external code
- Automatic documentation in Word and Visio
- Export to Microsoft DevOps, GitHub, ..
- AnalyticsCreator repository is stored in a MS SQL Server and can be modified and extended with additional functionality
- Online Wiki wiki.analyticscreator.com
- ETL procedure protocol
- Error handling on ETL procedures
- Consistency on ETL failure
- Rollback on ETL procedures
- Automatic recognition of source structure changes and automatic adaptation of connected DWH
- Entirely DWH life-cycle support
- Delta and full load of data models
- Near real-time data loads possible
- External orchestration/scheduling for ETL process
- Internal orchestration/scheduling for ETL process with generated MS-SSIS packages
- Several workflow configurations
- No runtime for AnalyticsCreator necessary
- Daily processing of created DHWs is run without AnalyticsCreator
- No additional licences necessary
- For design component no MS SQL Server necessary
- MS SQL Server
- SAP ERP, S4/HANA with Theobald Software (ODP, DeltaQ/Tables)
- SAP Business One with AC own connectivity
- OLEDB (e.g. Terradata, Netezza, DB2..)
- ODBC (MySQL, …)
- Azure Blob Storage (CSV, Parquet, Avro)
3rd party Connectivity
- Access to more than 250+ data source with C-Data connector www.cdata.com
- Hadoop with partner connector
- Google BigQuery/Analytics
- Shop solutions
Read more about connect to a data source in our Wiki: wiki.analyticscreator.com
Define Your Own Connectivity
In all cases of access to source data an AC-metadata-connector is created.
The AC-metadata-connector is a description of data-sources you use for more easy handling in AnalyticsCreator. AC is able to create automatically a metadata connector by extracting the data definition from your source data. it contains information about key fields, referential integrity, name of fields and description.
Ask the community for pre-build metadata connectors.
- SAP metadata connectivity is included in all AC-packages (ERP, S4/HANA, Business One).
- Prebuild metadata connectors to SAP are available in the AC-cloud for free.
- AC create automatically metadata connectors directly from your specific SAP system including all adaptions.
- For development time you do not need to buy a SAP-3rd party connector.
- Just for the daily loading process (at runtime) you need a purchase for example the Theobald connector.
- All SAP modules can be reached through Theobald connectors.
- AC offer a OEM license for Theobald connector
- Dynamics AX
- Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365
- Azure blob storage
- Text, CSV files
- Using any OLEDB or ODBC driver for the receiving target system
- Automated type conversation
- Export performed by SSIS or Azure Data Factory pipelines
Use of Analitycs Frontends
- Power BI models will be created automatically
- Tableau models will be created automatically
- Qlik models will be created automatically
- All models described here will be created at the same time
- There are many BI Frontends around which allows you to connect with the specified Microsoft data. Just ask your vendor or us what is possible.
- AC offer you to develop a specific solution for your Analytics Frontend in the way that the model will be created automatically for your BI Frontend (Push concept).
On the AnalyticsCreator YouTube channel you will find recordings of our online events, virtual classrooms and tutorials. These are organized by different source systems, technologies and frontends. These can be used for learning purposes.
The AnalyticsCreator Wiki available on Microsoft DevOps provides detailed step-by-step instructions on how to use AnalyticsCreator.
On GitHub, source code examples for specific use cases have been provided by partners. Here you can see only the public area.